The very best for your pet -
Whether a guinea pig, a dog or a horse, our dedication and skill will provide the best treatment using cutting-edge methods, but not forgetting patience and a love of animals so that your pet recover quickly. The right care is crucial. Every animal needs individual care. Many animal lovers find this a challenge, but there's no need to worry. Proper care is easy when you know how. Just ask us. We shall be happy to advise you. If your pet needs help urgently out of hours, please refer to the emergency veterinary cover list.
Our range of services consists not only veterinary examinations. We are happy to advise you on any questions you may have on the best practice of in keeping, caring for and feeding animals. Please contact us – we will be there for you.
What else can we do for you?
If your pet is already ill, we will administer rapid treatment, causing as little distress as possible. In many cases, regular check-ups can lead to detection and specific treatment of diseases in their early stages.
Here is a summary of our treatments:
Outpatient treatment and advice
- General examinations and treatment of dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, other small rodents, ferrets and birds
- Health Checks for dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs
- Vaccinations for dogs, cats, rabbits and ferrets
- Health certificates and advice on foreign travel (passports)
- Advice on feeding puppies, overweight animals and rodents and in certain cases of illness (food allergies, diabetes, liver and kidney diseases)
- Comprehensive in-house blood testing
- Use of external laboratories for tests we cannot run in-house
Dental care and treatments
- Wide range of dental products available
- Facility available for scale and polish and removal of teeth
- Ultrasonic testing is a modern method of detecting certain diseases, tumours and pregnancy.
- X-ray examination to diagnose fractures, detect foreign bodies, internal diseases (bladder or kidney stones) and tumours, BVA Hip Scores
- Neutering dogs, cats, rabbits, ferrets and rodents
- Soft tissue surgery
Daleside Veterinary Surgery
309-311 Liverpool Road
Tel: 01704 575606
Churchside Veterinary Surgery
5a Preston New Road
Tel: 01704 225105
Formby Veterinary Surgery
113 Church Road
Tel: 01704 877145
Maghull Veterinary Surgery
55 Liverpool Road South
Tel: 0151 531 7719
Out of Hours Emergency Cover
Barn Lodge Veterinary Hospital
54a Southport Road
01695 572 837